- Our PTFE tubing expands the capability of our medical tubing, allowing us to combine physical properties of multiple materials into one high-performance product. PTFE has one of the lowest coefficients of friction against any solid.
- Our liners are typically built with a wall thickness = 0.0005″ to 0.001″.
- We can supply tubing with the PTFE liner or provide an etched OD PTFE on a mandrel for catheter building at your facility.
- ETO sterilization is required with PTFE liners.
- Our unique process of incorporating fluoropolymers with Polyimide provides excellent mechanical properties while reducing the coefficient of friction.
- PTFE Composite Tubing can withstand gamma and e-beam sterilization.
- PTFE Composite can be applied to the ID and/or OD.
Coefficient of Friction
- Both PTFE composites and ultra-thin PTFE liners reduce the coefficient of friction:
Coefficient of friction:
- Pure PTFE = 0.1
- PTFE composite = 0.3
- Polyimide = 0.5
View available customizations and dimensions.